“Every artist was once an amateur.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
All of us start along different paths, but at the same spot – the beginning. The path to a successful career in the nonprofit sector starts just the same for everyone, the beginning. No Executive Director or President, no mutli-million dollar fundraiser, and no larger than life nonprofit organization just sprung out of the ground.
It sounds like a no-brainer, but it is true. Everyone starts somewhere. Some start in high school, others as a second career (encore careers). Some go to college a major in nonprofit management, others go to school for music and find a passion for social change in the years afterwards.
But for us, we want to consult with the young professional. There are immense resources and firms out there for our more experienced co-workers, but where is the focus on young talent and development?
Wherever you are in your journey in life, if you are thinking about a career in the nonprofit sector, or just want help to reinvigorate the steps in your path, we are here to help!
Here is how Nonprofit Beginnings Consulting can help:
- Nonprofit Career Choices – background on the differences between the various types of organizations and where you fit in
- Career Laddering – advice on positions and career moves that suit your passions
- Job Searching – are you looking in the right places? Have you thought of the passions that fire you up per a particular position? PLEASE NOTE – We are not a job placement agency and cannot guarantee you a new job on a specific timeline.
- Nonprofits 101 – what is a nonprofit? what are the general salaries? benefits?
- Speak the Lingo – What does it mean to be evidence-based?
- Professional Networking
- Resume & Cover Letter Review
- Personal Coaching
- Mock Interviews
We get our passion to see social change from the drive and dedication in others we can help along the way in my own journey. Many of the services are free and only cost a cup of coffee to chat over your beginning. We want to give back. While we will focus our energies on helping those in generations Y, Z and the Millennials, we will not turn a new friend away!
If you would like to schedule a one-on-one fill out a contact form! Most sessions last 60 minutes, just the right amount of time to enjoy conversation and coffee!